Himalayan Salt Air Inhaler Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use the Himalayan Salt Air Inhaler?
Anyone can use the salt air inhaler and enjoy the benefits from salt air inhalation therapy. Young children may also use the salt air inhaler provided that they understand the concept of breathing in through the mouth and exhaling through the nose.
Can I still take my current medication?
We recommend that you consult your doctor before using the Himalayan salt air inhaler if you are currently on any medication.
Will the Himalayan Salt Air Inhaler affect my blood pressure?
No - the amount of sodium that enters the body is very low and will not affect blood pressure. Most of it is expelled through the nose.
Are there any side effects from salt air therapy?
There are no known side effects from salt air therapy.
How do I clean and store the Himalayan Salt Air Inhaler?
It is important not to store the Himalayan Salt Air Inhaler in places of high humidity such as in the bathroom, and it should not come into contact with water. The Himalayan Salt Air Inhaler has been uniquely designed to allow you to periodically replace or refill the salt chamber enabling you to empty and clean the entire unit for maximum hygiene.
Is the salt inside the inhaler similar to table salt?
No – the Himalayan Salt Air Inhaler product contains only the finest Himalayan salt crystals. It is important not to use salt that has been processed or is too granular in nature.
Why is it important not to exhale back into the salt air inhaler?
Because the air being exhaled back into the salt air inhaler contains more humidity than the air being inhaled – it is important that the crystals are kept dry. Also, by inhaling through the mouth and exhaling through the nose, more salt is deposited into your respiratory system – which is desired.
Can I share the Himalayan Salt Air Inhaler with other family members?
No – it is important NOT to share the Himalayan Salt Air Inhaler with other family members for hygienic reasons.
Can I use it more than once a day?
Yes – the Himalayan Salt Air Inhaler can be used several times per day – we recommend 15-25 minutes per day.
- We recommend that you consult your physician before using this product.
- For use by one person only. DO NOT share between family members!
- Do not ingest the salt crystals!
- Do not use inhaler if chipped, cracked or broken in any area.
- No product or advice is solely intended to replace current medication, diagnose or cure any medical condition you or your child may have.
- This product has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.
- Contains small parts - Keep out of reach of children!