Medical, wholesale and distributor pricing is available for businesses who qualify.
Please call the Squip office at 908-534-1101, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM,
Eastern time, to learn more about the pricing solution which works best for you.
FREE shipping on all orders of $30 or more!
NeilMed® Baby NäsaKleen® Nasal-Oral Aspirator
Baby NäsaKleen® Nasal-Oral Aspirator Kit includes:
- Nasal-Oral Aspirator
- 49 Replacement Filters
- Storage/Travel Case
Baby NäsaKleen is free of DEHP/phthalates, BPA, and latex.
NeilMed® Baby NäsaKleen® Nasal-Oral Aspirator – Clears Little Noses – Easily, Gently and Effectively
What is Baby NäsaKleen®?
Babies need a clear nasal cavity so they can breathe, eat and sleep. Sneezing is a helpful event because it helps the baby clear out their nasal passages. However, when excessive mucus builds up and dries, the nose needs cleaning. NeilMed’s® Baby NäsaKleen® Nasal-Oral Aspirator cleans an infant’s nose by ridding it of excess mucus.
Baby NäsaKleen® consists of a silicone tip, a plastic chamber with a hygiene filter, and a tube connector, and the tube is connected to a mouthpiece. By placing the nozzle slightly inside the baby’s nostril and gently applying suction through the mouthpiece, the mucus collects in the transparent chamber. A hygiene filter prevents mucus from leaving the chamber. Add a few drops of saline into the nostrils before aspirating if the mucus in the baby’s nose is particularly dry or sticky. Repeat one to four times per day, as needed. We recommend cleaning the nose upon awakening, before bed and prior to eating.
Baby NäsaKleen® can be used safely on newborns, infants, and small children.
Why is Baby NäsaKleen® Unique?
Baby NäsaKleen® differs from other “mouth suction” baby aspirators as the tip is made of soft silicone which makes it more comfortable for the baby. Also, the tip is inserted slightly inside the baby’s nostril (not just over the nostril), which gives the parent better suction for more effective cleaning. The parent can also monitor the process through the translucent plastic chamber.
Baby NäsaKleen’s® Advantages
- Soft silicone tip for the best in baby comfort and safety.
- Free of DEHP/phthalates, BPA, and latex.
- Baby NäsaKleen® Kit includes a diaper bag-friendly storage/carrying case.
- Kit includes 49 hygiene replacement filters.
- This product is designed to be used by adults on children.
- Do not share the same Baby NasaKleen® unit between babies/children.
- If your baby has any known nasal ailments, we recommend consulting your baby’s doctor before using this product.
Contains small parts – Keep out of reach and sight of babies and children.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Before using Baby NäsaKleen® on your child, test the suction on your hand/finger to familiarize yourself with the unit and the strength of the suction.
- Always wash your hands before and after using the Baby NäsaKleen® product.
- Place a hygiene filter into the lid of the two-part chamber – tighten both parts securely.
- Hold the baby in an upright to semi-upright position, well-secured in your arms.
- Place the soft silicone tip inside the baby’s nostril and suck very gently though the mouthpiece. If needed, you can always use more suction force. The mouthpiece is a one-way valve and will not allow you to blow into the baby’s nose.
- A pre-treatment with a few drops of saline solution or saline spray in each nostril may help loosen thick mucus prior to aspiration. Mucus from the baby’s nostrils will come out very easily and transfer mainly to the tip or to the cylindrical chamber.
- Repeat the previous steps on the opposite nostril as necessary.
- Follow the cleaning and sterilization protocol for the safety of yourself and your baby.
- Change the filter if it is soiled with secretions or after the acute infection has ended.
Keep in mind that aspirating your baby’s nose should be a gentle process. When done correctly, it actually feels good for the baby. The entire process should take less than 60 seconds. If your baby resists vigorously, stop the process and try again later.
Cleaning and Sterilization Instructions
1. Dissemble all components by pulling apart the tip from the cylindrical chamber, the tubing from the chamber, and the mouthpiece from the tubing. Remove the filter prior to cleaning. The filter cannot be cleaned or sterilized. It can, however, be set aside for reuse if it has not come in contact with mucus.
2. Wash all components (excluding the filter) in warm water with liquid dishwashing detergent. Rinse thoroughly with clean running water. Shake off excess water and set aside to dry. The components should not be reassembled when wet.
To disinfect, choose one of the three methods:
Place all components in boiling water for 5 minutes. Allow the water to cool completely before removing the components from the water. Shake off excess water. Allow all components to cool and air dry before assembling. Use lint-free towels to dry the outside of the parts and air dry the inside of the components.
Clean all components with soap and water as mentioned above, then shake off the excess water. Place all components in the microwave for 45 seconds. This will disinfect all components. Please make sure all components are near dry before placing them in the microwave.
In some countries, where available, use baby bottle disinfecting chemical tablets or solution, and use the same protocol.
Note: The filter is disposable and should be replaced if it comes into contact with mucus, or after the child’s acute illness episode ends. Do not attempt to sterilize and reuse the filter.
While Baby NäsaKleen® is dishwasher safe, a dishwasher will not adequately clean the inside of the Baby NäsaKleen® components. The water jets in dishwashers cannot enter the narrow parts of the Baby NäsaKleen® components, and portions of the interior will not be cleaned thoroughly.
Baby NäsaKleen® is free of DEHP/phthalates, BPA, and latex.