Nasaline® Nasal Rinsing System
Patented Nasal Irrigation Device Developed By Swedish ENT Specialists
Why use Nasaline®?
Nasaline® is a unique, patented, drug-free nasal rinsing system designed by a team of Swedish ear, nose, and throat specialists. With the simple use of saline solution, Nasaline® effectively washes away unwanted mucous, crusty secretions or allergens with the simple use of saline solution. After a prolonged stay in dry, dusty, or smoky environments, Nasaline® cleans and soothes the nasal passages, reducing nasal irritation and moistening the mucous membranes.
Nasaline® can be used to cleanse and relieve nasal passages affected by:
- Nasal allergies, dryness and hay fever
- Sinus pressure and nasal stuffiness
- Nasal symptoms for cold and flu
- Post-nasal drip and nasal congestion
- Drug-free relief from pregnancy congestion
- Follow-up treatment to sinus or nose surgery
- Nasal irritation from occupational and house dust, fumes, dander, grass pollen, smoke, etc.
What makes Nasaline® Unique?
Nasaline® is a patented nasal rinsing system that consists of a 2 oz. syringe, a silicone tip, saline and a storage/travel case. The silicone tip was designed to fit most noses in such a way as to completely seal the nostril opening. The channel inside the tip is formed in the shape of an hourglass, producing a gentle swirl stream when the saline solution enters the nose. The silicone tip does not contain latex and is safe for direct contact with the skin.
The Nasaline® syringe delivery system has many advantages:
- Allows the user to control the flow and pressure for optimum safety, comfort and effectiveness.
- Protects against backflow if user slows down or stops during the rinsing process.
- Easy to clean to prevent bacterial buildup.
- Gentle, comfortable and smooth-flowing saline nasal irrigation.
- Excellent for cleansing prior to the use of nasal medications.
- Drug-free and preservative-free; non-sedating.
- Can be used as a pH balanced and isotonic solution with one packet, or a hypertonic solution with two packets.
- Suitable for use after sinus surgery or during pregnancy; consult your doctor with concerns.
- Portable for travel.
Who can use Nasaline®?
Anyone 4 years or older can use Nasaline®. However, children from ages 4-12 should not use Nasaline®, without parental supervision, unless advised otherwise by your child’s doctor. We suggest Nasaline® Junior, a smaller nasal rinsing unit, for ages 4-12, also used with parental supervision. We recommend the NeilMed® Baby NäsaKleen® Nasal Aspirator for newborns and toddlers.